Thursday 4 April 2019

Ex-Mozilla CTO: US border cops demanded I unlock my phone, laptop at SF airport – and I'm an American citizen

Ex-Mozilla CTO: US border cops demanded I unlock my phone, laptop at SF airport – and I'm an American citizen

Former Mozilla CTO Andreas Gal says he was interrogated for three hours by America's border cops after arriving at San Francisco airport – because he refused to unlock his work laptop and phone. Gal, now employed by Apple, today claimed he was detained and grilled on November 29 after landing in California following a trip to Europe. He had attempted to pass through US customs via a Global Entry electronic kiosk. He wasn't expecting a problem, since the Hungarian-born techie is now an American citizen, but it was not to be.
Read more: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/04/02/us_border_patrol_search_demand_mozilla_cto/?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive