Monday 15 April 2019

A new graphene foam stays squishy at the coldest temperatures

A new graphene foam stays squishy at the coldest temperatures

Close your eyes and imagine walking along a sandy beach and then gazing over the horizon as the Sun rises. How clear is the image that springs to mind? Most people can readily conjure images inside their head - known as their mind's eye. But this year scientists have described a condition, aphantasia, in which some people are unable to visualise mental images. Niel Kenmuir, from Lancaster, has always had a blind mind's eye. He knew he was different even in childhood. "My stepfather, when I couldn't sleep, told me to count sheep, and he explained what he meant, I tried to do it and I couldn't," he says.
Read more: https://www.sciencenews.org/article/new-graphene-foam-squishy-coldest-temperatures?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive