Saturday 23 September 2017

Russian doping whistleblower reveals country plotted his suicide to stop him from telling the truth to world

Russian doping whistleblower reveals country plotted his suicide to stop him from telling the truth to world

Russian whistleblower Grigory Rodchenkov, who helped orchestrate the country's state-sponsored Olympic doping programme, says he fled his homeland because he feared for his life and his family's safety. "Two days before I fled, a friend within the government warned me that Russia was planning my 'suicide'. I thought that my family might be safer with me gone and, if I were to die, at least I would get to tell the truth to the world first," said Rodchenkov, the former director of Russia's anti-doping lab that oversaw drug testing at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
Read more: http://www.firstpost.com/sports/russian-doping-whistleblower-reveals-country-plotted-his-suicide-to-stop-him-from-telling-the-truth-to-world-4073871.html?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive