Tuesday 30 November 2021

In the Summer, Three Workplace Activists Were Making Waves at Apple. All Three Are Now Gone.

In the Summer, Three Workplace Activists Were Making Waves at Apple. All Three Are Now Gone.

Last week, software engineer Cher Scarlett left Apple upon reaching a settlement with the company following months of workplace activism. Scarlett, who worked at Apple for a year and a half, is perhaps best known for her work with #AppleToo, an employee activist movement that seeks to collect and publicize concerns about pay equity, harassment, and other issues at the company. “I didn’t feel like I could feasibly continue to work and also advocate for others publicly,” Scarlett told me. “I felt like there was no place for me there.”
Read more: https://slate.com/technology/2021/11/apple-workplace-activism-cher-scarlett.html?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive