Friday 25 December 2020

Snowden and Assange Deserve Pardons. So Do the Whistleblowers Trump Imprisoned.

Snowden and Assange Deserve Pardons. So Do the Whistleblowers Trump Imprisoned.

IN 2007, the Bush administration’s Justice Department sent me a letter saying it was conducting a criminal investigation into “the unauthorized disclosure of classified information” in my 2006 book, “State of War.” When my lawyers called the Justice Department about the letter, the prosecutors refused to say I was not a “subject” of their leak investigation. That was ominous. If I were considered a “subject,” rather than simply a witness, it meant the government hadn’t ruled out prosecuting me for publishing classified information.
Read more: https://theintercept.com/2020/12/23/assange-snowden-whistleblower-pardons-espionage/?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive