Saturday 29 December 2018

The case for "conditional optimism" on climate change

The case for "conditional optimism" on climate change

Is there any hope on climate change, or are we just screwed? I hear this question all the time. When people find out what I do for a living, it is generally the first thing they ask. I never have a straightforward or satisfying answer, so I usually dodge it, but in recent years it has come up more and more often. So let’s tackle it head on. In this post, I will lay out the case for pessimism and the case for (cautious) optimism, pivoting off a new series of papers from leading climate economists.
Read more: https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2018/12/28/18156094/conditional-optimism-climate-change?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive