Friday 27 January 2017

I’ve quit as shadow minister over article 50 to follow the true will of my people

I’ve quit as shadow minister over article 50 to follow the true will of my people

Sleepless nights, cold sweats, recurring nightmares. No, not pregnancy this time – it’s the emotional turmoil that has accompanied so many votes in the House of Commons. Maybe I was naive. Before being elected as an MP, I knew there would be difficult decisions to make – policy compromises or funding trade-offs with no way of satisfying everyone. But I hadn’t realised how emotional it would be. Without exception, every time I vote, I do it with my local constituents in mind. From finding solutions to cases of local destitution, to voting on matters of national...
Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/27/article-50-trigger-vote-labour-brexit?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive